Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Break

Only my kids would wake up sick on the first day of Spring Break.

Sunday, we took them to Germapalooza McDonald's. They ate and played in the cesspool indoor playground.

This morning, Christian woke up puking up everything she's eaten in the last month, and Cullen woke up crying (which he never does) and was Grumpelstiltskin all day. He wanted to be held, while pushing away, just about the entire day. If I (gasp!) actually put him down, he would wail like I'd broken his little baby heart, and lift his arms to be picked up again. He'd sit in my lap, sucking his thumb, for a few minutes, then start the cycle over again. She stopped throwing up before noon, but felt yucky all day. He had a little fever last night, and a seal-bark kind of cough. Looks like a trip to the doctor is in our future!

Spring Break rocks!

7 comments:

Melody said...

I'm so sorry your little one is sick! I hope he is better soon, and no one else catches the bug!

Tracye said...

Thanks! and me, too! Little Grump!

Anonymous said...

Your bio says, "I am a former Christian school teacher". If you don't mind me asking, why are you no longer a Christian?

Tracye said...

Not a former Christian; former teacher at a Christian school. I stopped teaching to stay home with my kids, but I never stopped being a Christian.

I still love Jesus with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength, and with all my mind... and I try to love my neighbor as myself.

Mama Lavender said...

"Germapalooza" oh my gosh how I love that!!!

Hope your sweetie-pies are feeling better soon :)

pve design said...

fluids, rest and mommy all make it better.
ride the wave and appreciate the good days!

jamie said...

Ahhhh...the joys of motherhood. Hope your munchkins are better now!