Friday, March 7, 2008

Mindless Ramblings

Hosted by Five Minutes for Mom, the Ultimate Blog Party 2008 is about getting your blog noticed, meeting new people, and having fun blogging. Fun, fun, fun!

So, here goes.

I'm a former Christian school teacher, former sales rep, former television news anchor/reporter/weathergirl... and now slave to three: my husband, and two kids. It's the best job ever! I love to read, relax in a hot bubble bath, preferably at the same time... but don't get to all that often! I stay up way too late, eat way too much junk, and am trying to rectify both! I am a Christian thirty-something, and have an awesome husband... he's bathing the kids right now! I'm a mother to two: an almost six year old girl, and a 14 month old boy, and may have a couple more before we're "done."

Not much has happened since Cullen's fateful first haircut last Friday, although I'm not over it yet. The poll on my blog shows the majority of people aren't crazy about it, either. My husband says I'd be a shoo-in for CNN with my "mainstream media-type" poll. I happen to like it... except for the fact that daily he asks about the results, and TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE VOTING WRONG! This is my blog, people, and I believe I made it quite clear how my little heart was broken by his haircut, and I think you should all vote on one of the top three options. If nothing else but in a show of solidarity with me. ;)

Christian decided (at the last millisecond!) to play t-ball this year, so off we went to Academy Wednesday night to buy baseball pants, bat (pink, of course) glove (pink, of course) and ball (white, with pink stitching). She's gonna look like a bottle of Pepto-Bismol threw up on her. I'll post a picture of her once I get her all dressed up. I know she'll be too cute! She was a little disappointed that we didn't buy the pink sparkly bat. It was double the price of the plain pink bat, and she has a habit of being forced to finish the season's activities!

She's turning six in two weeks, and we're trying to organize her party. I say trying, because she changes her mind about the theme every other day. I say we, because I do ask my husband's opinion... but it's usually wrong. ;) I'm past the point-of-no-return now, because I made the invitations Wednesday night. It took me a few hours... since she changed her mind after I had already started. I'm NOT re-re-designing them! It's a dog party. Seriously. Makes me long for the days when I could do my "Mommy Mind Manipulation" and get her party theme something girlier without her knowing it wasn't her idea! Don't act like you didn't do it, too!

And lastly, our neighborhood is having its biannual neighborhood garage sale. Saturday. You know, tomorrow? Um, all I've done is pull junk from my kitchen cabinets that I haven't used in years, and set it on the counter. Still have many more rooms, closets, and cabinets to go. Not to mention pricing it all. And cleaning out the garage. And setting the stuff up. And sitting in a dreary garage all day, when I could be working on Christian's birthday cake.

As you can see from today's earlier post, Cullen and I spent the morning procrastinating playing.

I hate garage sales. Did you notice?

On to something much more fun...

There are so many cool prizes to be won at this year’s Ultimate Blog Party, but my top five picks would be:

The Blog Design provided by Sweet 'n Simple Design
The Bead Dangle Photo Tile Necklace provided by Elemental Memories
The Custum Blog Design provided by Summer
Twelve Basic Boutique Bows by MommyMandy.com
The Webcam provided by Liz.


And if my top four picks are already chosen, I’d love any of the following: 14, 17, 32, 38, 44, 58, 59, 60, or 68.


WHAT A PARTY!

Now, head over to http://www.5minutesformom.com/ and join in!

25 comments:

A Juggling Mum said...

Hi,
Just popped in from the Ultimate Blog Party. Thanks for the invitation :)
It has been really nice to meet you!

Rachel xxx
A Juggling Mum

Natalie said...

happy blog party! can't wait to learn more about your cakes! good luck with that garage sale!

susan said...

You can just tell everyone that Cullen has joined the marines...it's not so bad. Er..sorry...I meant it's HORRIBLE! HOW can the person who did that even sleep at night???? (is that better?)

BrineS said...

I like the hair cut!

Inviting you to Party With Me!

Win Chocolates:
http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Win a handmade pocket place mat:
http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Join me this month at A Cup of Joy for Missions Month:
http://acupofjoy.wordpress.com/

hazel said...

You are so funny! Thanks for the visit! A new prize today! By the way I uhm... like the haircut!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by! Ummm...at least it's hair, it will always grow back! Kidding, it makes him look like a "big boy!"
I see you want the blog designs as well!! Great minds......
Nice to meet you!
Cheryl

Not the Queen said...

My daughter's birthday is in 2 weeks, too! She's turning 4, though. We also seem to have similar tastes in prizes! Sorry about your baby's hair. It will grow out, though it'll never be exactly the same. He's still cute, if that's any consolation. Thanks for stopping by!

Vicky said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I didn't like my son's first haircut either. I think they are still very cute despite the haircuts.

Donielle said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my party over at RaisingPeanuts.com! My little guy is 19 months and still hasn't had a haircut. (he was bald forever and now I'm loving the fact that I can see his hair!) My hubby sure is giving me grieve over having a son that looks like a hippy. :-) I just don't wanna hate it later. After reading your post - I'm leaving it for a bit longer.
Nice to meet you!

Rebekah said...

Tracye, that fondant baby at the top of your blog is sooo darling! You are very talented - that is on my list of can't-do's (along with paint & draw, lol).

Cullen's hair will grow out fast, don't worry :) You could always get him a wig...

I love shopping at garage sales, but can't stand having one either. My neighborhood gets no traffic at garage sales, even when we've done the full neighborhood kind - it's pathetic. I just donate my stuff now, it's faster & a tax write-off... except for the kids' stuff, which I take to Just Between Friends bi-annual resale (love that!)

Thanks for stopping by my party, glad to meet another Texan :)

Mzzterry said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You have cute kids, even the little *skinhead*!! Your blog is fun!

Party on!!

katef - www.picklebums.com said...

Happy Blog Party!
So nice to meet you!

Sara said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. The 2 under 2 will only last for 2 more months, then I'll have a 2 year old and a baby, I don't think that's really all that different! Sorry about the hair cut, I'll be honest and nice and vote one of the top three! I enjoyed getting to know you a bit.

MrsMomma said...

Nice to 'meet' you! Thanks for visiting my blog. I've been looking around your blog and I'm just blown away with the talent of those cakes! Your diaper bag cakes are super cute!

Let's see, you asked about the playlist on my blog. Here's how you can get one of your own.

Go to Playlist dot com. You'll have to sign up. Search for the type of music you want and make your playlist uniquely yours. After you've made it, you should see that in under your playlist is a link that says 'post your playlist'. click there.

It will take you to a page that has "Where do you want to put your playlist" with five different options A. - E.

Choose E. Get the code for any other social network, blog, or own personal website...

Second step, you will need to choose which playlist of yours that you want to get the code for. If you have only one, click on it. (I have an everyday one and a Christmas one.)

Third step, it will ask questions like auto start, shuffle, and color. Answer those and then click on get code.

Step four, copy all that gibberish in the box and go to your blog.

Now while you are at your blog, go to customize. This should take you to template. Click on Add a Page Element on your side bar. this will bring up Choose a New Page Element box. Choose Text and click add to blog. I put "Music" in the Title and then pasted the gibberish lol in the content box. Click save changes and then view blog. Your playlist should appear on your blog.

Hope that helps you! I'm not that great at explaining things.

-Heather

Amanda said...

Happy Ultimate Blog Party!!

I am so glad that the garage sale turned out well! Good job on the snack selling. That is a great idea.

Cheers!

~Amanda
www.themomcrowd.com

Andrea said...

Your kids are adorable, and your blog looks like so much fun!

Thanks for dropping by mine. I'll think I'll be back...

DeeBee said...

Just stopping by for the party! It's nice meeting you. Have a great party week.

Tracye said...

Thanks for all comments! So nice to hear; except for the ones validating hubby's opinion! ;)

Amy said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's nice to meet you! I am so impressed that you sold so much at your garage sale. We had a sale a few years ago, and made five dollars. Yeah. I guess our junk really is junk!

CMB said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by and commenting. I hope you are enjoying the party. You have adorable children.

What's next said...

Just stopping in on the party! Thanks for the invite!

jamie said...

Woooo Hoooooo. I also love junk food and always stay up way too late. Let's party!

Jeni said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - your kids are cute!!

We're having a yard sale on the first Saturday in April, so I feel your pain.

Debz said...

Great post! Hope your enjoying the party! I’ve been meeting tons of new people! Hope to try to visit at least half of them before Friday! You never know when you may meet a forever friend. Pop by for a visit if you get a chance! Enjoy your day!

Naomi said...

thanks for stopping by my blog party! Please visit again, I'll be posting a bunch of new contests in the next week or two...