Saturday, March 8, 2008

Did I say I hate garage sales??? I LOVE garage sales!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We sold just about every stinking thing we stuck out there today... I'm amazed at the crap gently used items people will buy.

Christian wanted to sell stuff, too, because we told her she'd get to keep the money she made. She wanted the money, but she didn't want to get rid of any of her stuff! She kept bringing my crap gently used items that I wasn't ready to part with. Finally I told her I'd take her to the store and buy some drinks and snacks for her to set up a snack shack with, and I'd let her keep half of whatever money she made (don't judge me... I had to buy the stuff!). That kid had $83 in her cash box!!!

It was a really great day to do it. It was cold when we got up (33!!!) but I think warmed up to the mid-sixties, and a beautiful, cloudless sky.

Hope you had a good Saturday, too. TIME CHANGE TONIGHT!!!

3 comments:

hazel said...

I love garage sales too! You didn't win yesterday.. try again today for a new question and a new prize!

Berezay said...

Holy Crap....$83! That's awesome. I swear whenever I would do stuff like that for my kids....$10 tops! You must of had rocking snacks....and no judgement here...if anyting kudos for teaching life skills!!!!!

Playful Professional said...

This reminds me that I should go garage saleing soon... such good gently used things out there that a broke girl like me could use.